We provide independent external support to an employee’s disciplinary processes any or all of the following aspects.
• Investigation of disciplinary matter
• Formulating and communicating disciplinary charges
• Presentation of management case to disciplinary care
• Chairing disciplinary hearing
• Investigation in lieu of appeal
• Chairing appeal hearing
• When we are engaged to undertake the investigation we will produce a report for the client within an agreed timescale conveying the following matters.
• Findings with reasons
• Conclusion whether there is a case to proceed to a disciplinary hearing.
We will follow the employee’s internal disciplinary procedures and are happy to use any internal template for our report or to use our own if preferred
As many employment disputes end up in the employment tribunal we have careful regard to the ACAS Code of Practice on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures and employment law more generally.